Thursday, March 6, 2008

Am I Rhetorical??

So I work at a daycare I teach the preschool age children ranging from 3 to 5 years of age. I love them so much because they remind me of when I was a child and I wish I could have enjoyed my childhood as much as I see them enjoy theirs.

So on to the story, you know you will always have that "ONE SPECIAL CHILD" that will just keep you on your toes. Mine is a little four year old girl named Eliana, I have taken care of her ever since she was 13 months old. She has this thing where she likes to call out my mistakes in front of the whole class. Yes I love when she does it because it shows me that she is confident in what she knows and understands. She is HARD on me and she does not like it when I forget to do something in our regular routine.

So my mistake today was that I didn't tell the class the Shape, Letter, Number, and Color of the day "BEFORE" I began the flashcards. How could I forget that??? Through random conversations Eliana has told me that she wants to be a Teacher. On occasions I pay close attention when she is playing and she always plays the teacher and she has her students, Eliana does EVERYTHING that I do when she plays teacher. I mean every single detail even to the point of how I SNEEZE.

I just pray that she does not ever change her mind about wanting to become a teacher and I will do my best to teach her as much as I can so that she may pass it on to her own students one day.

If my opinion counts, I look at Eliana and the job that I can so see her doing is a News Reporter for Channel 7 news! She speaks so well she takes great pictures she would fit that look..

2 comments:

Carmen Tremmel said...

Oh that's so cute! That she does everything like you. She must really adore you. The 4 year old that I'm watching is also the first one to point out when I made a mistake."You forgot to remind me to wash my hands" and stuff like that. I don't know if it is an age thing that they just do. Sometimes I can also picture what Katy will be like when she is older and I think she will be a cheerleader in high school.
Nice blog! I really enjoyed reading it!

Oscar said...

I don't know if physically, you are rhetorical. You could say your actions, such as teaching younglings, is rethorical because you are a rhetor and they are your audience.

My impression of that age group is that they are sponges. Their courious growing brains absorb everything around them. It always amazed me how simple the mind of a child is.
This is a cool blog. Keep posting.